Clovis Economic Development Director
Director, Clovis Industrial Development Corporation (CIDC)
Location: Clovis, NM
Salary Range: Depends on Experience
Apply by Nov. 30, 2021
The Clovis Economic Development (CIDC) Director is responsible for leading and executing the necessary programs and activities to promote the city as an attractive location for new, expanding and relocating business and industry; develop commercial and industrial infrastructure to increase job opportunities and attract new business and industry; and support the continued growth and success of the city’s existing businesses and industry. The Clovis Industrial Development Corporation (CIDC) is the main economic development organization in Clovis and Curry County, New Mexico.
The Clovis Economic Development Director will work closely with the CIDC Board and other city organizations in promoting the business and economic development interests within the community. This position will include providing guidance to individuals and companies to establish, relocate, or expand their businesses within the community; planning and coordination of community development projects; assisting business and residential applicants with local and State permitting processes; developing programs and practices that lead to private sector projects in Curry County that would result in capital investment, job creation, expanded tax base, revitalization projects, tourism efforts and other quality developments; and more.
The ideal candidate has experience in the following:
- Economic development, commercial development, marketing, marketing research, planning and/or public administration
- Planning and implementing comprehensive economic development strategies, policies and issues while assuring a balance between a community's needs and a Board of Directors.
- Developing short and long-term economic and community development plans and reports, as well as innovative packaging proposals for developers.
- Working knowledge of the principles and concepts of public/private development project including investment and financing techniques for commercial property.
- Working knowledge of municipal zoning and infrastructure, planning programs and processes.
- Reading, writing and comprehending complex legal documents, development agreements and contracts, executive business letters and communications, development-related documents, master plans, design guidelines, construction site plans, budget documents, marketing documents, technical reports, strategic and operations plans.
For more information, contact Clovis Economic Development (CIDC) Communications Manager Rachel Forrester at 575-935-2114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this position, please view the full job listing at Indeed.com (click here) and submit your resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com